Proper POST file upload (load testing with Locust)

Viewed 12188

I'm trying to make a load test for Django-based website.

I use Locust 0.7.3 and python 2.7.10

Here I make POST - filling the form and attaching some file:

class WebsiteTasks(TaskSet):
    def on_start(self):
        self.client.get("/")

    @task
    def submit(self):
        response = self.client.get("/submit/")
        csrftoken = response.cookies['csrftoken']
        attach = open('file.pdf', 'rb')

        r = self.client.post("/submit/", {
           'csrfmiddlewaretoken': csrftoken,
           'password': smart_str(u'wkefjgui'),
           'payload': smart_str(u'kjsdgfljdsh'),
           'docfile': attach,
           'commit': smart_str(u'Вкрапить / Embed'),
        })

Everything's seemed to be ok, but on the server's upload folder there's no file!

What I'm doing wrong?

3 Answers

handle multipart file

 def _get_image_part(self, file_path, file_content_type='image/jpeg'):
        import os
        file_name = os.path.basename(file_path)
        file_content = open(file_path, 'rb')
        return file_name, file_content, file_content_type

multipart test case


class OpenDeviceFrontApi(TaskSet):

    @task(2)
    def rec_log_upload(self):
        payload = {
            "device_key": device_key
        }
        files = {
            "scene_img": self._get_image_part("data/face/rec1.jpg"),
            "face_img": self._get_image_part("data/face/rec2.jpg")
        }
        r = self.client.post("/log/rec_log_upload", data=payload, files=files, verify=False)
        assert r.status_code == 200
        rData = json.loads(r.text, encoding="utf-8")

How to test a file upload in Locust over Django Server:

def post_img(self):
    files = {'media': open('img.png', 'rb')}
    response=self.client.post("/upload",files=files)
    print('Response is -: ',response)
Related