I am brand new to github and am trying to upload a .zip to my github repository. This ZIP contains of about 950 files but is no more than 10mb in size. Each file is pretty small and belongs to a C# project. I am trying to upload all 950 files to github (not upload, but commiting). I see that I have had 900 changes in the changes tab and I go ahead and type a summary and hit commit.
The commit button just goes round in circles forever, I have literally left my PC on for over 6 hours at a point and it is still going round. I don't know if I am meant to do anything else but at the moment all I am doing is dragging the files into the rep folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Github\MyRep and then hitting commit in the github for desktop window.
It just commits so slow, it works if you upload about 50 files at a time but it breaks after doing about 2 commits, it just is acting very slow and strange, am I doing something wrong?