Call to undefined function Illuminate\Encryption\openssl_decrypt()

Viewed 49025

I am using xampp and windows along with laravel, everything was working fine, but when I finished work and turned of xampp and try to open my work today morning, this is what I get:

FatalThrowableError in Encrypter.php line 100:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function Illuminate\Encryption\openssl_decrypt()

Encrypter.php is a standard laravel file and I have not even touched it. My extension is turned on.

extension=php_openssl.dll

What might be wrong?

5 Answers

Just edit php.ini file and uncomment by removing ";" before this line --extension=openssl. in php.ini file. and it will start working properly.

Modify php.ini and enable openssl extension in you php environment.

To find php installation path, run below command in terminal or cmd

php --ini

Output something like below:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: C:\Windows
Loaded Configuration File:         C:\php-7.3.8\php.ini
Scan for additional .ini files in: (none)
Additional .ini files parsed:      (none)

here mine is Loaded Configuration File is C:\php-7.3.8\php.ini

open php.ini with any editor using vim, nano, notepad++ or any editor.

find extension=openssl remove ;

from ;extension=openssl to extension=openssl

save and restart server.

This problem can also arise if incorrect php.ini file is loaded. Make sure in your config php_module is defined in the httpd.conf

<IfModule php_module>
    PHPINIDir "C:/xampp/php"
</IfModule>
Related