LibreOffice Base can't edit MS Access data

Viewed 1843

I have a MS Access 2003 database on a Windows 10 PC running WampServer 2.5. I can open it in LibreOffice 5.1 Base. I added a test table with LibreOffice Base, consisting of the following fields:

id word

The first field (id) is an integer field, and is autoincrement (set to AutoValue). The second field (word) is varchar.

I saved the table, and then opened it. There are no input fields showing. If I click on Insert/Record, the Record link is greyed out.

To open the Access database with LibreOffice, I did the following:

  1. Opened LibreOffice
  2. Selected Base Database
  3. Connected to an existing data of type Microsoft Access
  4. Browsed for the Access database
  5. Selected not to register the database, and to open the database for editing
  6. Named the .odb file
  7. Opened the database table
  8. Tried to edit a record, without success

I can create a database as HSQLDB Embedded with the same table and fields, and everything works as expected.

What am I doing wrong? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

John

1 Answers
Related