Embed Map with Marker on AMP HTML page

Viewed 10155

Currently I use the Google Maps API to generate a map with a marker (given a lat/long set of coordinates) to a given location. In AMP HTML, it appears the way to do this currently is using the amp-iframe extension https://github.com/ampproject/amphtml/tree/master/extensions. The issue is you cannot use Google Maps embed code with coordinates unless you are using a 'view' map. I don't have a Place ID, so I cannot use the Place mode. I can't use 'View' mode, since that has no markers. I've looked high and low at https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/embed/guide#overview

What is the proper way to include a Google Map on an AMP HTML page that has a marker placed on it? I don't see any existing questions about this on the forum or in Github issues, so I'm curious if anyone else has run into this same scenario.

3 Answers

Embedding a page in an amp-frame requires:

  1. Additional Javascript (<script async custom-element="amp-iframe" src="https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-iframe-0.1.js"></script>)
  2. Placement at least 600px from the top of the amp page.
Related