SSL Certificate with PHP CURL

Viewed 19878

I'm using curl to send an xml file over https to the rightmove API - they supplied me with all the certificates.

I am getting the error :

60SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificateResult =

I have tried everything i have found on every other stackoverflow post similar and nothing is working, i have tried downloading the old cacert.pem and changed the files in php.ini - ive installed my personal information file andcreated a certificate on the browser and local machine and nothing is removing the error 60.

This is my PHP :

<?php
  $xml = file_get_contents("myxml.xml");

  $ch = curl_init();

  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, true);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 2);
  curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, dirname(__FILE__).'\mypem.pem');

  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "https://adfapi.adftest.rightmove.com/v1/property/sendpropertydetails");
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: text/xml'));
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);

  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $xml);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 0);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_REFERER, 'https://adfapi.adftest.rightmove.com/v1/property/sendpropertydetails');
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
  curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE , 1);

  $ch_result = curl_exec($ch);
print curl_errno($ch);
print curl_error($ch);
  echo "Result = ".$ch_result;
  curl_close($ch);

?>

this has had me banging my head for days, i would be very grateful for any assistance.

3 Answers

I was getting the same "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificateResult" error with HTTP GET to a remote https site. I only needed to provide the CA cert to php curl, ie CURLOPT_CAINFO:

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, "/path/to/CA_Bundle.crt");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);
$output = curl_exec($ch);

if (curl_errno($ch)) {
  $error_msg = curl_error($ch);
  print "curl_error: $error_msg <br>";
} else {
  print "output: $output<br>";
}

curl_close($ch);
Related