This NSPersistentStoreCoordinator has no persistent stores (schema mismatch or migration failure). It cannot perform a save operation

Viewed 10270

I am working on a application in which we are using x.x.xcdatamodel. Now in same x.x.xcdatamodel I have added an attribute in one of the entity. The application crashes showing the message "This NSPersistentStoreCoordinator has no persistent stores (schema mismatch or migration failure). It cannot perform a save operation.". I tried many things and i am also using lightweight migration to handle the situation but that is not working as well.Below is my code:

    - (NSPersistentStoreCoordinator *)persistentStoreCoordinator
{
    if (__persistentStoreCoordinator != nil)
    {
        return __persistentStoreCoordinator;
    }

    NSURL *storeURL = [[self applicationDocumentsDirectory] URLByAppendingPathComponent:@"myApp.sqlite"];

    NSError *error = nil;
    __persistentStoreCoordinator = [[NSPersistentStoreCoordinator alloc] initWithManagedObjectModel:[self managedObjectModel]];

    NSDictionary *options = @{
                              NSMigratePersistentStoresAutomaticallyOption : @YES,
                              NSInferMappingModelAutomaticallyOption : @YES,
                              NSSQLitePragmasOption : @{@"journal_mode" : @"DELETE"}
                              };

    if(![__persistentStoreCoordinator addPersistentStoreWithType:NSSQLiteStoreType configuration:nil URL:storeURL options:options error:&error])
    {
        NSLog(@"Unresolved error %@, %@", error, [error userInfo]);
    }

    return __persistentStoreCoordinator;
}




- (BOOL) saveContext
{
    @synchronized (_localStorage) {
        //NSLog(@"----------------------------Save context called---------------------------");
        BOOL result = TRUE;
        NSError *error = nil;
        NSManagedObjectContext *managedObjectContext = self.managedObjectContext;

        if (managedObjectContext != nil)
        {
            //Crashes here at this line.
            if ([managedObjectContext hasChanges] && ![managedObjectContext save:&error])
            {
                NSLog(@"----------------------------Save context failed---------------------------");
                result = FALSE;
                NSLog(@"Unresolved error %@, %@", error, [error userInfo]);
            }
        }

        //NSLog(@"----------------------------Save context completed---------------------------");

        return result;
    }
}

Am i missing something over here? OR Is it like i have to perform complete migration even if i add a single attribute in an entity?Thanks in advance.

4 Answers

I work on a project and faced a similar problem, it seems that the former developer forgot to pass these two options for a lightweight migration. I passed in the second one and the migration completed successfully.

You request automatic lightweight migration using the options dictionary you pass in addPersistentStoreWithType:configuration:URL:options:error:, by setting values corresponding to both the NSMigratePersistentStoresAutomaticallyOption and the NSInferMappingModelAutomaticallyOption keys to YES:

NSError *error = nil;
NSURL *storeURL = [[NSBundle mainBundle] URLForResource:@"Model" withExtension:@"momd"];
NSPersistentStoreCoordinator *psc = [[NSPersistentStoreCoordinator alloc] initWithManagedObjectModel:managedObjectModel]
NSDictionary *options = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys: [NSNumber numberWithBool:YES], NSMigratePersistentStoresAutomaticallyOption, [NSNumber numberWithBool:YES], NSInferMappingModelAutomaticallyOption, nil];

BOOL success = [psc addPersistentStoreWithType:NSSQLiteStoreType
                configuration:nil URL:storeURL
                options:options error:&error];
if (!success) {
  // Handle the error.
}

In my case, I had changed the name of the xcdatamodel inside the xcdatamodeld package. I needed to revert the name change in order to remove the error.

tried changed the data model name from "xxx.xcdatamodeld" to from "xxx2.xcdatamodeld". It worked.

Related