React-native network request always fails

Viewed 2287

I had a working project, that has worked for the past 3 weeks. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the fetch requests have stopped working.

I haven't run any update or npm installs. So I'm lost as to what could be the cause of this.

my fetch request is pretty standard. Simplified here with a console.log instead of setState in the response.

fetch("https://54fd510.ngrok.io/api/v1")
.then((response)=>response.json())
.then((responseData)=>{
  console.log(responseData);
}).done();

All I get now whenever doing any sort of request, is "Network Request Failed" with... onload. _sendload, setReadyState as the stack trace items.

Infact any and all my fetch requests in the app arent working.

So I tried boiling it down, and just created a new blank app.
With only a button and a fetch request linked to the button. To make sure it has nothing to do with my particular app. And this request fails as well.

So it appears its react-native itself that is failing, it isn't anything to do with my code.

No matter what I try, the network request is always failing. Tried downgrading, and get the same.

Really lost as to where to look now.

Any ideas?

0 Answers
Related