I have a web notification script which works fine. However when i was testing in chrome version 43, I get the error "DOMException: Registration failed - permission denied". This error occurs during the subscription stage.
Here's the code snippet which is the usual process of registration
navigator.serviceWorker.register('sw.js').then(function(reg) {
console.log('[ServiceWorker] Registration Obj', reg);
reg.pushManager.subscribe({
userVisibleOnly: true
}).then(function(sub) {
//This never executes and catch gets called
console.log('Subscription successful, Subscription endpoint:', sub.endpoint);
}).catch(function(error) {
console.log("Error during subscription ", error);
});
}).catch(function(error) {
if (Notification.permission === 'denied') {
console.warn('Permission for Notifications was denied');
} else {
console.error('Unable to subscribe to push.', error);
}
});
In the above code, the error occurs during the step where i do reg.pushManager.subscribe().
- This doesn't happen in chrome 49.
- This error always occurs on chrome version 43.
[Note] I assumed its a general problem with chrome version 43 but when i checked sites like goroost.com and pushcrew, they seem to be working fine. Only mine is not working

