Bootstrap 3 - expand collapsed table row smoothly

Viewed 3046

(please forgive my ignorance I'm not a coder)

Here's my codepen

I'm having trouble with a table of items, where I want to hide a div with the descriptions, unless user clicks on the row for the specific item.

So I almost got it working as I want, using class="collapse" - but the animation is not smooth.

Then I tried using class="accordion-toggle"- now it's smooth but 1. I don't want to have it as accordion (I want the user to be able to expand all descriptions)- even though it doesn't behave like one, 2. it is revealing some portion the row below, which I want to hide when the row is collapsed.

note: I modified default bootstrap table as I wanted higher rows without border, by:

    td {
    height:50px;
    border:none!important;
    vertical-align:middle!important;
}

Additional Question: I also want to have the table striped, but my descriptions break it because they are in every other row (how to prevent that?)

Here's what I want to achieve: Table with collapsed row with description

2 Answers
Related