I have a project with watch OS1 architecture configured in it. Now I want to support only watch OS2 architecture in the same project. So in order to configure only watch OS2 in my existing project, I deleted the watch OS1 all targets including Watch App and Watch Extension and I added a new target for watch OS2. With this setup it is working fine if I directly run my application. Both iPhone app and watch app are getting installed.
I am getting issue when I upgrade my iPhone App with watch OS1 settings to the latest settings having watch OS2 target. When I upgrade my app to the latest one by following the below steps then my watch OS2 app is not displayed in "My Watch" application on the iPhone. Because of which I'm not able to install my watch OS2 app in my watch.
The steps which I followed are:
- Install the iPhone app having watch OS1 target. Do not install watch OS1 app on watch device.
- Tap on 'My watch' app on phone and observe, it displays my watch app name in this section.
- Now upgrade this App to latest one having Watch OS2 target.
- Then tap on 'My watch' app on iPhone and observe, there is no my watch app name displayed in this section.
But with the following steps my watch app persists in "My Watch" application.
- Install the iPhone app having watch OS1 target. Install watch OS1 app on watch device.
- Tap on 'My watch' app on phone and observe, it displays my watch app name in this section.
- Now upgrade this App to latest one having Watch OS2 target.
- Then tap on 'My watch' app on iPhone and observe, my watch app persists in "My Watch" application.
I'm not able to figure out the solution for this.