Force Exim to use ipv4 ip

Viewed 3596

I have an unmanaged VPS that runs CentOS 7 Minimal. I have installed Exim for sending emails. My main server IP is IPv4 and I have an additional IPv6 address.

Exim uses the IPv6 address to send emails. I want to overwrite this and use the IPv4 main server address. I added the interface line to the exim.conf:

remote_smtp:
   driver = smtp
   interface = x.x.x.x

And then restarted Exim but no matter what, it uses the IPv6 one. I thought that Exim is ignoring the config file but that's not the case as if I enter wrong IP format for interface and try sendmail, I get wrong IP format while sending email.

I tried adding disable_ipv6 = true to the end of exim.conf but when I saved and restarted Exim, I got the following error when running Sendmail: "Option disable_ipv6 unknown"

Thanks

1 Answers
Related