How to run .exe file or .bat file based on button click event using Javascript

Viewed 46210

In my current project, I would like to run .bat or .exe file using button click event using JavaScript. The content of batch file is as shown below:

start "S:\" TemperatureSensor.exe

which start TemperatureSensor.exe file when TemperatureSensor button is clicked. Code for HTML page is shown below:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<p>Click the button to make a BUTTON element with text.</p>

<button onclick="window.open('file:///S:/Test.bat')">Temperature Sensor</button>

</body>
</html>

When I clicked on Temperature Sensor button, it should run Test.bat file but it just display following in new page:

enter image description here

Am I missing ?? Is it possible to run .exe file using button click event??

Updated: Code for HTML page is shown below:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<p>Click the button to make a BUTTON element with text.</p>

<button onclick="myFunction()">Temperature Sensor</button>

<script>
function myFunction() {
      var oShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");

var commandtoRun = "C:\\TemperatureSensor.exe";
if (inputparms != "") {
var commandParms = document.Form1.filename.value;
 }

 // Invoke the execute method.  
 oShell.ShellExecute(commandtoRun, commandParms, "", "open", "1");
 }
 </script>

 </body>
 </html>

When I clicked on Temperature Sensor button it displays error: Uncaught ReferenceError: ActiveXObject is not defined.

2 Answers
Related