I am trying to connect to a SSL SOAP service host by C# using Service Reference. This is my request message:
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:u="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd">
<s:Header>
<VsDebuggerCausalityData xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/vstudio/diagnostics/servicemodelsink">uIDPo/zwMmtdsVhFsAVDkQbiV/4AAAAA1zXtnc72UEm+4tlKzvCxsvN6OC2prvRIljIX4XzHKEYACQAA</VsDebuggerCausalityData>
<o:Security s:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:o="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd">
<u:Timestamp u:Id="_0">
<u:Created>2016-03-18T12:45:27.558Z</u:Created>
<u:Expires>2016-03-18T12:50:27.558Z</u:Expires>
</u:Timestamp>
<o:UsernameToken u:Id="uuid-2c7986ba-eee5-4411-90a9-a02b625c55ff-1">
<o:Username>MyUserName</o:Username>
<o:Password Type="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token-profile-1.0#PasswordText">MyPlainPassword</o:Password>
</o:UsernameToken>
</o:Security>
</s:Header>
<s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<generateId xmlns="http://com.vedaadvantage/dp3/Enterprise/StandardTradeCreditCommercial/IndividualCommercialService"/>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
This is the message that my service sends to the host. But the host returns as below:
Security processor was unable to find a security header in the message. This might be because the message is an unsecured fault or because there is a binding mismatch between the communicating parties. This can occur if the service is configured for security and the client is not using security.
This is my config file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<system.serviceModel>
<bindings>
<customBinding>
<binding name="myBinding">
<textMessageEncoding messageVersion="Soap11" />
<security authenticationMode="UserNameOverTransport"
messageSecurityVersion="WSSecurity10WSTrust13WSSecureConversation13WSSecurityPolicy12BasicSecurityProfile10" >
</security>
<httpsTransport />
</binding>
</customBinding>
</bindings>
<client>
<endpoint address="https://{URL}"
binding="customBinding"
bindingConfiguration="myBinding"
contract="ServiceReference2.MyService"
name="IndividualCommercialService" />
</client>
</system.serviceModel>
</configuration>
Although when I send the same XML via SOAPUI or other HTTP Post methods it works fine.
I also extract and attached the certificate and user/pass as below:
private static X509Certificate2 DownloadSslCertificate(string strDNSEntry)
{
X509Certificate2 cert = null;
using (TcpClient client = new TcpClient())
{
//ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3;
client.Connect(strDNSEntry, 443);
SslStream ssl = new SslStream(client.GetStream(), false, new RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(ValidateServerCertificate), null);
try
{
ssl.AuthenticateAsClient(strDNSEntry);
}
catch (AuthenticationException e)
{
//log.Debug(e.Message);
ssl.Close();
client.Close();
return cert;
}
catch (Exception e)
{
//log.Debug(e.Message);
ssl.Close();
client.Close();
return cert;
}
cert = new X509Certificate2(ssl.RemoteCertificate);
ssl.Close();
client.Close();
return cert;
}
}
private static void Main(string[] args){
var proxy = new MyService();
var uri = proxy.Endpoint.Address.Uri;
var cer = DownloadSslCertificate(uri.DnsSafeHost);
EndpointIdentity identity = EndpointIdentity.CreateDnsIdentity(cer.Subject.Replace("CN=", ""));
EndpointAddress address = new EndpointAddress(proxy.Endpoint.Address.Uri, identity);
proxy.Endpoint.Address = address;
proxy.ClientCredentials.UserName.UserName = "MyUserName";
proxy.ClientCredentials.UserName.Password = "MyPlainPassword";
proxy.ClientCredentials.ServiceCertificate.DefaultCertificate = cer;
proxy.HellowWorld();
}
I am not sure whether the method that I am getting the certificate is correct or not and also why HTTP Post works but my Service Reference Call does not.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers