android - Implement UP button action with Navigation Drawer

Viewed 3934

Question

I am using Navigation Drawer from Android Studio Template. I want to use UP button (arrow) in some of my fragments instend "Hamburger" button. I use AppCompatActivity.

I use this code to show UP button arrow:

public void UseUpButton(boolean value) {
    ActionBar actionBar = getSupportActionBar();
    if (value) {
        actionBar.setDisplayHomeAsUpEnabled(false);
        toggle.setDrawerIndicatorEnabled(false);
        actionBar.setDisplayHomeAsUpEnabled(true);
        actionBar.setDisplayShowHomeEnabled(true);
    } else {
        toggle.setDrawerIndicatorEnabled(true);
    }
}

Tried variants:

But I can't catch click on this button. I tried some ways:

Use onOptionsItemSelected

public boolean onOptionsItemSelected(MenuItem item) {

    Log.d("WTF", "menu");
    switch (item.getItemId())
    {
        case android.R.id.home:
            getFragmentManager().popBackStack();
            return true;
        default:
            return super.onOptionsItemSelected(item);
    }
}

I add getSupportActionBar().setHomeButtonEnabled(true); to my Activity::onCreate, but onOptionsItemSelected not called when I press the Up button and works correctly when I press the menu items.

Use ActionBarToggle OnClickListener

DrawerLayout drawer = (DrawerLayout) findViewById(R.id.drawer_layout);
toggle = new ActionBarDrawerToggle(
            this, drawer, toolbar, R.string.navigation_drawer_open,       
            R.string.navigation_drawer_close);

drawer.setDrawerListener(toggle);
toggle.syncState();
toggle.setToolbarNavigationClickListener(new View.OnClickListener()
{
        @Override
        public void onClick(View v) {

        }
 });

But this method doesn't call at Up button press too.

Conclusion:

So, how can I catch the Up button press event?

5 Answers
Related