Unix stat error "stat: illegal option -- -"

Viewed 1748

as I'm pretty new to shell programming I'm completely lost with this error I get:

stat: illegal option -- -
usage: stat [-FLnq] [-f format | -l | -r | -s | -x] [-t timefmt] [file ...]

This error occurs when I run the script on FreeBSD. It works just fine on CentOS.

This is the code I'm using

for i in `find "$1" -name "$2" -type f ! -name "$3" -print0 | xargs -0 stat --format="%s" | sort -n| awk {print}`; do 
    size_array[$j]=$i
    ((j=j+1))

What is basicaly does is to load size of all files into array. So I will be able to make median of all files sizes. So this should display file size in bytes.

stat --format="%s" 

What syntax sould I use to get rid of this error?

If anyone could help me out I would be very grateful. Thanks

1 Answers
Related