Get Selected Text Without Using the Clipboard

Viewed 4095

I am trying to create a pretty basic text wrapper in AutoHotKey for use when programming. I got it to work using the clipboard to copy the selected text, modify it, then paste it, but I am trying to refrain from using the clipboard since it does not work well in conjunction with my Clipboard Manager. Does anyone know how to do this?

!r:: ;Alt+R+%Char% = Wrap Text with Input Characters
    ClipSave := ClipboardAll
    Send ^c
    Input, Char, L1
    if ("" . Char = "{")
    {
        clipboard = {%clipboard%}
    }
    else if ("" . Char = "[")
    {
        clipboard = [%clipboard%]
    }
    else if ("" . Char = "(")
    {
        clipboard = (%clipboard%)
    }
    else
    {
        clipboard = %Char%%clipboard%%Char%
    }
    StringReplace, clipboard, clipboard,%A_SPACE%",", All
    Send ^v
    Clipboard := ClipSave
    ClipSave = 
return

Note: I have seen ControlGet, text, Selected and attempted to implement it, but it did not work (no error, just no action). If anyone has a solution to this, that would fix my issue.

2 Answers
Related