Converting HttpClient to RestSharp

Viewed 17887

I have Httpclient functions that I am trying to convert to RestSharp but I am facing a problem I can't solve with using google.

client.BaseAddress = new Uri("http://place.holder.nl/");
client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Authorization = new AuthenticationHeaderValue("Bearer",access_token);
HttpResponseMessage response = await client.GetAsync("api/personeel/myID");
string resultJson = response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync().Result;

This Code is in my HttpClient code, which works good, but I can't get it to work in RestSharp, I always get Unauthorized when using RestSharp like this:

RestClient client = new RestClient("http://place.holder.nl");
RestRequest request = new RestRequest();
client.Authenticator = new HttpBasicAuthenticator("Bearer", access_token);
request.AddHeader("Accept", "application/json");
request.Resource = "api/personeel/myID";
request.RequestFormat = DataFormat.Json;
var response = client.Execute(request);

Am I missing something with authenticating?

3 Answers

If anyone happens on this, it looks like as of V 106.6.10 you can simply add default parameters to the client to save yourself from having to add your Auth token to every request method:

private void InitializeClient()
{
     _client = new RestClient(BASE_URL);           
     _client.DefaultParameters.Add(new Parameter("Authorization",
                string.Format("Bearer " + TOKEN), 
                ParameterType.HttpHeader));
}
Related