Node tools slowing down visual studio

Viewed 1814

Is there any configuration that i can set so that node tools does not slow down visual studio? I cant uninstall node tools because i need to use it , but it slows down vs a heck of a lot and just opening up the properties window for a project becomes very painful.

I have tried to hide the node_modules folder thinking that maybe it was trying to read those files, but that did not change anything.

any suggestions? Thanks

3 Answers

I just have removed all content of external folder. In my case it is:

X:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017{Version}\Web\External)

Before that i have decided that it is TFS (because of geographically TFS server locates to far from me: internet, firewalls etc)- after each modification in solution i have waiting for min 15sec (during them visual studio was blocked, did not respond).

But now, when node.js and other external content was removed - almost two days i can work without any delay. I know node.js itself should works ok - but i didn't touch it, it works as it setup by default, and look like that have to be improved ;).

Related