Currenly, I'm working on an inventory system. I have just started and now gathering user requirements. This is my first time to create a system from scratch so I still have questions regarding simple things.
My question is, does it make sense to separate the table of user profile to the login details. Example :
User Profile (table) :
o firstName
o middleName
o lastName
o dateLastModified
o userLastModified
o userLoginId
User Login Detail (table)
o loginId
o userName
o password
o userLastModified
o dateLastModified
o lastLogIn
Or the best practice would be to have 1 table for each? I've seen some system that combines those 2 tables into 1. And I'm confused because if I remember it right, when making tables, you should separate fields which you rarely change the value to the ones that change frequently, right?
So my question is 1, what is the best practice in making database tables for login, is it correct to use 2 tables like the one shown above? or should I put all fields in one table?