ERR_ICANN_NAME_COLLISION Using a url instead of ip with hosts file

Viewed 7614

I'm trying to use laravel homestead and redirect "homestead.dev" to "192.168.10.10". I can see the website using the IP but not "homestead.dev".

I get this error:

ERR_ICANN_NAME_COLLISION

Pinging homestead.dev responds with 127.0.53.53. I can access the website with this also: http://127.0.53.53:8000/.

My homestead.yaml:

ip: "192.168.10.10"
memory: 2048
cpus: 1
provider: virtualbox

authorize: ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub

keys:
    - ~/.ssh/id_rsa

folders:
    - map: ~/Code
      to: /home/vagrant/Code

sites:
    - map: homestead.dev
      to: /home/vagrant/Code/myApp/public

databases:
    - myApp

# blackfire:
#     - id: foo
#       token: bar
#       client-id: foo
#       client-token: bar

# ports:
#     - send: 50000
#       to: 5000
#     - send: 7777
#       to: 777
#       protocol: udp

hosts file:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#   127.0.0.1       localhost
#   ::1             localhost
192.168.10.10   homestead.dev
2 Answers
Related