Laravel Eloquent ORM replicate

Viewed 35158

I have a problem with replicating one of my models with all the relationships.

The database structure is as follows:

Table1: products
id
name

Table2: product_options
id
product_id
option

Table3: categories
id
name

Pivot table: product_categories
product_id
category_id

Relationships are:

  • product hasMany product_options
  • product belongsToMany category (trough product_categories)

I would like to clone a product with all the relationships. Currently here is my code:

$product = Product::with('options')->find($id);
$new_product = $product->replicate();
$new_product->push();
foreach($product->options as $option){
    $new_option = $option->replicate();
    $new_option->product_id = $new_product->id;
    $new_option->push();
}

But this does not works (the relationships are not cloned - currently I just tried to clone the product_options).

4 Answers

This worked fine on 5.5. image , media is a relation name.

$event = Events::with('image','media')->find($event_id);
            if($event){
                $newevent = $event->replicate();
                $newevent->push();
                 foreach ($newevent->getRelations() as $relation => $entries)
                 {
                    foreach($entries as $entry)
                    {
                        $e = $entry->replicate();
                        if ($e->push())
                        {
                            $newevent->{$relation}()->save($e);
                        }
                    }

                }                                

            }
Related