Unable to index one or more source files for symbols file (Build vNext TFS 2015)

Viewed 3203

Using on-premises TFS 2015 running the task "Index Sources & Publish Symbols" with the following settings

Path to publish symbols: \\myserver\symbols
Search pattern: **\bin\**\*.pdb
Path to symbols folder: <I left this empty>

I always get the following error message

Unable to index one or more source files for symbols file ....pdb

I tried it with debug and release configuration. With and without code optimization. Nothing. I always get this error.

It is important to note, that the pdb files are getting generated on the share(thus I think all the symbol server settings are corrent) but unfortunately they have the hardcoded path to the source files within.

What do I have to do to get the files indexed? What could be the reason why all files can not be indexed? What are the prerequisites for indexing files? Thanks a lot.

1 Answers
Related