Add all classes needed for EJB dependency injection of a single Enterprise Bean

Viewed 472

I have Java Enterprise application consisting of more than ten projects compiled into one ear archive. I need to do some integration testing and I have to use the Arquillian platform with ShrinkWrap. In the @Deployment annotated method I have to explicitly include each class in the dependency tree of the class I need to test.

My question: is there a tool that can build the class tree for classes referenced via EJB annotation (CDI) starting from a single EJB?

For example: I have such tree (omitting some classes)

@Singleton
public class A{
    @EJB 
    B b;

    public void doSomethingOnB(){
        b.doSomething();
    }
}

@Singleton
public class B{
    @EJB
    C c;

    @EJB
    D d;

    @EJB
    E e;

    public void doSomething(){
        d.toString();
        e.toString();
        c.fin();
    }

}

@Singleton
public class C{
    @EJB
    E e;

    @EJB
    F f;

    public void fin(){
        System.out.println(f.toString()+e.toString);
    }
}

My @Deployment annotated method would look like this:

@RunWith(Arquillian.class) public class ClassAlphaTest {

    @Deployment(testable=true)
    public static JavaArchive createDeployment() {
        JavaArchive jar = ShrinkWrap.create(JavaArchive.class) 
            .addClass(A.class) 
            .addClass(B.class) 
            .addClass(C.class) 
            .addClass(D.class) 
            .addClass(E.class) 
            .addClass(F.class)
            .addAsManifestResource(EmptyAsset.INSTANCE, "beans.xml");
        System.out.println(jar.toString(true));
        return jar;
    }

And my test:

    @Test
    public void testLoadCategories(A alpha) {

        System.out.println("DoingTest");
        alpha.doSomethingOnB();

    }

I would like my createDeployment to look more like this:

@Deployment(testable=true)
public static JavaArchive createDeployment() {
    List<Class> classes = buildClassTree(A.class);

    JavaArchive jar = ShrinkWrap.create(JavaArchive.class)
        .addAsManifestResource(EmptyAsset.INSTANCE, "beans.xml");
    foreach(Class c : classes){
        jar.addClass(c);
    }
    System.out.println(jar.toString(true));
    return jar;
}

Where buildClassTree is the method I am looking for.

1 Answers
Related