If you change a user's redshift password, will any pre-existing connections for that user remain valid?

Viewed 8732

Suppose I have a Redshift user 'person1' with password 'oldpassword', and I have a few existing open Redshift connections using these credentials. I then run the following command:

alter user person1 password 'newpassword'

For any new connections, I will of course have to use the new credentials 'person1' and 'newpassword'. But will the already existing connections remain valid, or will they suddenly stop working after this command?

Thank you so much!

2 Answers

As soon as you change the password of a user, you cannot execute any statement in any session in workbench that was already connected before password change.

Note: Aren't "Existing connections" are also any open tabs in a sql/aginity workbench? You won't be able to execute any new query in those already open tabs. Probably the OP meant "ongoing" connections on the database side.

Related