The Raspberry Pi 3 includes BLE support. I confirmed it works by
sudo hcitool lescan
which returned the MAC and BLE 'complete local name' for neighboring advertisers.
How does one access this programmatically, in Java?
The Raspberry Pi 3 includes BLE support. I confirmed it works by
sudo hcitool lescan
which returned the MAC and BLE 'complete local name' for neighboring advertisers.
How does one access this programmatically, in Java?
To use BLE on Raspberry Pi 3 you have to update bluez (the bluetooth core in Raspbian linux) then use the bluez D-Bus interface to interact with it.
I'm looking for writing my own java lib, but it's very difficult because there are few documentation about D-Bus in java and about bluez.
For bluez there are only the sample code in the last distribution.
For now i have write a simple script that update the bluez version to the latest: https://gist.github.com/tongo/94338cebf4e6367d353439bca8d0a376
I have also found a blog post that talk about d-bus,java and bluez: http://smartspacestuff.blogspot.it/2016/02/i-got-figurin-out-dbus-bluez.html
It was useful, but not very clear for me.
I hope this can help.
If you found other documentation post it.