How to edit the html from ASP in a better way?

Viewed 136

Hello I have an ASP script that I need to edit. Actually I need to restyle the email that it sends, so I need to edit the HTML from it.

The problem is the html (from the asp file) has on every row

HTML = HTML & =" 

in it (plus some other changes). I need to take the HTML code from that ASP, get rid of the beginning html = html part, edit the double "" and convert them to a single " (I need to do that one by one, because the variables also have quotes in them).

Than, I restyle the page with HTML and after that I need to convert it back so I can integrate it in ASP (basically introduce the double '"' again and stuff).

Yeah, I could edit the HTML from the ASP directly, but I don't know how it might look, because I can't run the script (it needs other files from the server, which I don't have access to).

The question:

Is there a better way of doing this?

Some way of previewing what I'm doing in ASP directly. Or maybe a tool that let's me move from ASP HTML to HTML and back faster.

I sure know that what I'm doing right now is quite dumb, so there must be a better way.

2 Answers
Related