Is the & (Address in Memory) an operator in Swift or am I using C?

Viewed 784

So I am working through Ales Tsurko great [and needed] Swift conversions of Chris Adamson's CoreAudio example. However, I have come across something I cannot seem to find straight answer for.

In the examples there is something like this:

    var theErr = noErr
    var dictionarySize: UInt32 = 0
    var isWritable: UInt32 = 0
    theErr = AudioFileGetPropertyInfo(
            audiofile, 
            kAudioFilePropertyInfoDictionary, 
            &dictionarySize, 
            &isWritable
    )

What I am curious about is the use of '&' (ampersand) operator.

Now in the normal C-Family of languages this refers to the memory address of a variable and it seems to be doing that here.

What and I am confused about is am I writing Swift or C code in the fourth line?

I know know you mix Obj-C and Swift, but I cannot find anything in the Swift Documentation of the use of the & as a memory operator. So is this use undocumented, or if I have temporary stepped out of Swift into C/Obj-C with that line?

Thanks

1 Answers
Related