Quitting VLC processes while streaming

Viewed 553

I have two programs that start a VLC instance through the command line. One streams video, the other streams audio, both from dshow://

When I ask the programs to stop recording and quit VLC, even though both instances quit, the second one always leaves the process running in the background. Now, I can forcefully kill it, but that would mean my recording is somehow not released and stays corrupted, and I don't want that.

I've tried several quitting methods:

  1. Calling CTRL+Q (I have it set as the quit Global HotKey)
  2. taskkill /PID xxx on cmd.exe
  3. Adding vlc://quit to the end of my command line and calling next (I have ALT+N set as the next Global HotKey)
  4. Calling stop (again through HotKeys) and then quit.

None of these seems to work. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 7 x64, and VLC 2.2.2 (I tried both 32 and 64 bit)

1 Answers
Related