How do you authencate to Azure App Services locally?

Viewed 2075

There are alot of tutorials on how to configure the Authentication properties of a given Azure App Service instance:

Api Apps

Expanding App Service Authentication/Authorization

There are guides for configuring the Azure Server-Side properties for:

AAD

FaceBook

Twitter

Google

Microsoft Account

I believe these all are setting properties on the server-side gateways that sit in front of our Azure App Service components. This approach is nice, because you can initiate a login flow simply by directing your user's browser to ~/.auth/login/XYZ.

However, I can't figure out how I'm supposed to Authenticate against any of these at DEVELOPMENT time, running MVC apps and API Apps locally on my PC via localhost. I don't have a gateway running locally. There isn't an endpoint listening to localhost/.auth/login/XYZ.

So, what's the story? How do you authenticate there? Specifically, how do you develop in such a way that whatever you're going to need to do locally can be Published to your Web and Api Apps and have the auth experience work within the eco-system of the App Service in Azure?

2 Answers
Related