Spring-boot application not finding index.html

Viewed 1444

I am wiring a AngularJS and spring-boot application together by hand for the first time. The issues I am running into is my @RestController is not returning the index page:

@RestController
public class IndexController {

    @RequestMapping("/")
    public String index(){
        System.out.println("Looking in the index controller.........");
        return "index";
    }

}

Directory:

enter image description here

It keeps rendering the default 404 error page:

enter image description here

----------------UPDATE 1------------------

I have added a configuration file:

@Configuration
public class IndexPageConfiguration {

    @Bean
    public InternalResourceViewResolver viewResolver(){

        InternalResourceViewResolver resolver = new InternalResourceViewResolver();
        resolver.setPrefix("/app/");
        resolver.setSuffix(".html");
        return resolver;

    }

}

RestController

@RestController
public class IndexController {

    @RequestMapping("/")
    public String index(){
        System.out.println("Looking in the index controller.........");
        return "index";
    }

}

main class:

@SpringBootApplication(scanBasePackages = { "com.serviceImpl","com.service","com.config" },exclude = { ErrorMvcAutoConfiguration.class })
public class SpringCrudApplication {

    public static void main(String[] args) {

        SpringApplication.run(SpringCrudApplication.class, args);
    }
}

The above main class is still returning the default 404 error page.

2 Answers
Related