Github squash commits from web interface on pull request after review comments?

Viewed 4165

Let's say I have a commit history with 5 commits. I know that I can rebase my commits locally when making a pull request which will then have them rebased into a single commit.

A common use case for this is:

  • Make local commits, working on feature
  • Squash commits
  • Make Pull Request
  • Receive review comments
  • Update PR appropriately

I can do this locally on my machine and then push my change again (using -f since the rebase makes it out of sync with the remote). This is kind of annoying.

However, this requires that I do a rebase every time I address review comments - is there any way I can do this from the web interface?

Or maybe my workflow is wrong, should I be amending each of my "review comments" commits directly onto the main PR commit?

1 Answers
Related