I get a pointcloud from my lidar which is basically an numpy array of points in 2D cartesian coordinates. Is there any efficient way to detect corners formed by such 2D points?
What I tried until now was to detect clusters, then apply RANSAC on each cluster to detect two lines and then estimate the intersection point of those two lines. This method works well when I know how many clusters I have (in this case I put 3 boxes in front of my robot) and when the surrounding of the robot is free and no other objects are detected.
What I would like to do is run a general corner detection, then take the points surrounding each corner and check if lines are orthogonal. If it is the case then I can consider this corner as feature. This would make my algorithm more flexible when it comes to the surrounding environment.
