I have Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) and it is running El Capitan v.10.11.3.
I have connected an iPad 2 running iOS 9.2.1.
I am attempting to run Xcode 7's Instruments app and select the Leaks or Allocations tool. My target is iPad > MobileSafari or iPad > Web (Standalone mode).
Once I click the record button I receive the following error 'Unable to attach to task; port invalid.'
I also tried this on the iPad Air running iOS 8.3 and received the error 'Failed to attach to target process.'
When I tried running Leaks on my Macbook > Safari. I received the error 'Failed to attach: Target process is marked restricted, cannot be traced while System Integrity Protection is enabled' Related to: Xcode 7.1 Allocations Instrument SIP Throws a fit
I was able to disable SIP (by running 'csrutil disable; reboot' in the Terminal when my Macbook was in recovery mode) and now the Leaks tool is working on my Macbook but I still cannot figure out how to run Leaks on an iPad's MobileSafari app.
Is anyone else having this issue and how can I fix it?
I have searched through the Instruments help docs but cannot find anything.
