How to export all my Intellij code styles to a .editorconfig file?

Viewed 20992

I'm trying to have a standard code style for my project, and I have found http://editorconfig.org/, that is a standard for that. I like it very much, and Intellij supports it (we use Intellij).

But I have read a lot and I haven´t found how I can export all my code styles of Intellij to a .editorconfig file. I only can export them to an XML that is only for Intellij.

Or is there any webpage where I can read ALL the editorconfig domain specific properties for Java? In the editorconfig github wiki they only have a few.

4 Answers

With later Intellijs (I'm using 2020.1), the configuration export is available via Settings -> Editor -> Code Style and then the gear icon. See the screenshot below, and the selected menu options:

enter image description here

In newer versions @Pytrys solution does not work anymore. Now you have to do it with File -> New -> EditorConfig file: enter image description here

Related