IntelliJ double click in Project view on class with internal classes

Viewed 759

IntelliJ double click in Project view on class with internal classes opens the node in the Projects view or closes the node in the Project view if it was open. I can't figure out to change the settings of IntelliJ so that if I double click on a class it opens the class in the editor. It works fine for normal classes, but if the class has embedded internal classes defined, IntelliJ does not jump to the class, but opens the node in the Projects view.

There must be a setting to override this?

4 Answers

I suppose you should switch off Show Members option in your project menu enter image description here

Using the "Open Files with Single Click" setting will, at least with Kotlin, open the selected file in the editor without expanding the node. Not exactly the requested behavior, but may be a workaround for some.

Related