Amazon API submitting requests too quickly

Viewed 9335

I am creating a games comparison website and would like to get Amazon prices included within it. The problem I am facing is using their API to get the prices for the 25,000 products I already have.

I am currently using the ItemLookup from Amazons API and have it working to retrieve the price, however after about 10 results I get an error saying 'You are submitting requests too quickly. Please retry your requests at a slower rate'.

What is the best way to slow down the request rate?

Thanks,

4 Answers

I went through the same problem even if I put 1 or more seconds delay.

I believe when you begin to make too much requests with only one second delay, Amazon doesn't like that and thinks you're a spammer.

You'll have to generate another key pair (and use it when making further requests) and put a delay of 1.1 second to be able to make fast requests again.

This worked for me.

Related