So this was working before I switched to Boot. Basically I was able to POST a text/uri-list to a @OneToMany resource just fine. I switched my project to use Boot and somewhere in the process it stopped working. I can PUT a text/uri-list at the @ManyToOne end, but that's not what I want to do.
When I submit the POST, I get a 204 response, but I can see the SQL on my console only Selecting and not inserting anything. EDIT: I use Postman, but here's a curl command that does/returns the same
curl -v -X POST -H "Content-Type: text/uri-list" -d "http://localhost:8080/games/2" http://localhost:8080/developers/1/gameList
And the logger on IDEA:
Hibernate: select developer0_.developer_id as develope1_1_0_, developer0_.name as name2_1_0_ from developer developer0_ where developer0_.developer_id=?
Hibernate: select game0_.game_id as game_id1_6_0_, game0_.developer_id as develope5_6_0_, game0_.esrb_rating as esrb_rat2_6_0_, game0_.name as name3_6_0_, game0_.release_date as release_4_6_0_, developer1_.developer_id as develope1_1_1_, developer1_.name as name2_1_1_ from game game0_ left outer join developer developer1_ on game0_.developer_id=developer1_.developer_id where game0_.game_id=?
Here are my relevant classes:
@Entity
public class Developer {
@Id
@GeneratedValue
@Column(name = "developerId")
private Long id;
private String name;
@OneToMany(mappedBy = "developer", cascade = CascadeType.ALL)
private List<Game> gameList;
Other one:
@Entity
public class Game {
@Id
@GeneratedValue
@Column(name = "gameId")
private Long id;
private String name;
private Date releaseDate;
private ESRBRating esrbRating;
@ManyToMany(mappedBy = "gameList", cascade = CascadeType.ALL)
private List<User> userList;
@ManyToOne
@JoinColumn(name = "developerId")
private Developer developer;
If I'm missing any other relevant info let me know and I'll provide it.