Timeout when using Async

Viewed 4721

If I just run one of the async events everything executes exactly as it should be. However, when I add in all 3 of my events, I get (from what I gather) a timeout from my syntax. Here is a full stack-trace that will hopefully assist.


System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..
at System.Web.UI.Page.d__554.MoveNext()
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.d__554.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageEndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
at ASP.pages_AsyncTest1_aspx.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult ar) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\14a1541c\96dbdee3\App_Web_AsyncTest1.aspx.f9b0821e.cqtg2bnc.0.cs:line 0
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Exception type: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException
Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
Stacktrace:
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.d__554.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Web.UI.Page.AsyncPageEndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
at ASP.pages_AsyncTest1_aspx.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult ar) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\14a1541c\96dbdee3\App_Web_AsyncTest1.aspx.f9b0821e.cqtg2bnc.0.cs:line 0
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

And here is the C# syntax I want to execute:

namespace CEDS
{
  public partial class BBLL : System.Web.UI.UserControl
  {
      private DataSet DS = new DataSet();
      private DataSet DS1 = new DataSet();
      private DataSet DS2 = new DataSet();

      protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
      {
        if (!IsPostBack)
        {
            Page.RegisterAsyncTask(new PageAsyncTask(RunSQLUSP)); 
        }
      }
      public async System.Threading.Tasks.Task RunSQLUSP()
      {
          var t1 = GetDataForDropDown1();
          var t2 = GetDataForDropDown2();
          var t3 = GetDataForDropDown3();
          //This line is hit then error is thrown 
          await System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WhenAll(t1, t2, t3);

          //Bind Data to grids/dropdowns

        }
    }
}

async System.Threading.Tasks.Task<DataSet> GetDataForDropDown1()
{   
  DS = GetDataForDropDown1();
  return DS;            
}
async System.Threading.Tasks.Task<DataSet> GetDataForDropDown2()
{   
  DS2 = GetDataForDropDown2();
  return DS2;           
}
async System.Threading.Tasks.Task<DataSet> GetDataForDropDown3()
{   
  DS = GetDataForDropDown3();
  return DS;          
}
1 Answers
Related