Improve CSS3 background-position animation's performance

Viewed 7102

I'm trying to improve a CSS3 animation as it seems the current code is causing some excessive CPU load and the browser seems to be laggy.

What can I do? I've got all the vendor prefixes etc. I'm not sure I can improve the code or refactor it to use it as best code practices.

Fiddle Demo

.wrapper {
  width: 960px;
  height: 140px;
  margin-top: 80px;
  position: relative;
}
.content:before {
  position: absolute;
  z-index: 1;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  content: "";
  -webkit-transform: translateZ(0);
  transform: translateZ(0);
  -webkit-transform-origin: 50% 50% 0;
  -ms-transform-origin: 50% 50% 0;
  transform-origin: 50% 50% 0;
  v -webkit-animation-name: sideupscroll;
  animation-name: sideupscroll;
  /*animation-duration*/
  -webkit-animation-duration: 80s;
  animation-duration: 80s;
  /*animation-timing-function*/
  -webkit-animation-timing-function: linear;
  animation-timing-function: linear;
  /*animation-iteration-count*/
  -webkit-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
  animation-iteration-count: infinite;
  background: url("http://i.imgur.com/wNna7D3.png") repeat fixed 0 0 indigo;
  -webkit-animation-fill-mode: both;
  animation-fill-mode: both;
}
/* Safari and Chrome */
@-webkit-keyframes sideupscroll {
  0% {
    background-position: 0 0;
  }
  50% {
    background-position: -50% -100%;
  }
  100% {
    background-position: -100% -200%;
  }
}
@keyframes sideupscroll {
  0% {
    background-position: 0 0;
  }
  50% {
    background-position: -50% -100%;
  }
  100% {
    background-position: -100% -200%;
  }
}
<div class="wrapper">
  <div class="content"></div>
</div>

1 Answers
Related