Docker ERROR: Container command not found or does not exist when running from Win10

Viewed 9861

This is driving me crazy...

I have Win10 and I have installed the Docker Toolbox with

Docker=1.10.2 
Compose=1.6.0 
VirtualBox=5.0.14

I have successfully launched the LAMP in Linux [Amazon linux] but when I try to do the same the terminal responds with "ERROR: Container command not found or does not exist" As I understand, there is something wrong with the way Windows interpreter the CMD syntax.

I have tried

 - CMD ["/run.sh"]
 - ENTRYPOINT ["/run.sh"]     
 - CMD /run.sh
 - CMD '/run.sh'
 - CMD run.sh
 - CMD "/run.sh"

but nothing seems to work.

Note: When I run CMD /run.sh the error does not appear but the container exits immediately.

Note2: I have exactly the same problem when trying to setup the LAMP with Docker-Machine on AWS

I have this DockerfileLamp :

FROM ubuntu

# -- Install needed packages --
ENV DEBIAN_FRONTEND noninteractive

# -- Install additional utilities --
RUN apt-get update && \
  apt-get install -y supervisor git curl apache2 mcrypt cron wget nano unzip

# -- Install PHP 5.5 --
RUN apt-get -y update && \
    apt-get -y install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 mysql-server-5.5 php5-mysql pwgen php-apc php5-mcrypt php5-xdebug php5-gd php5-curl php-pear openssh-server php5-cli php5-apcu php5-intl php5-imagick php5-json

# -- Set localhost to apache conf file --
RUN echo "ServerName localhost" >> /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

# -- Add image configuration and scripts --
ADD ./lamp/start-apache2.sh /start-apache2.sh
ADD ./lamp/start-mysqld.sh /start-mysqld.sh
ADD ./lamp/run.sh /run.sh
RUN chmod 755 /*.sh
ADD ./lamp/my.cnf /etc/mysql/conf.d/my.cnf
ADD ./lamp/supervisord-apache2.conf 
    /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord-apache2.conf
ADD ./lamp/supervisord-mysqld.conf 
    /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord-mysqld.conf

# -- Remove pre-installed database --
RUN rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/*
# -- Add MySQL utils --
ADD ./lamp/setup_MySQL.sh /setup_MySQL.sh
RUN chmod 755 /*.sh

# -- config to enable .htaccess --
##ADD apache_default /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf
RUN a2enmod rewrite

# -- Environmental variables to configure php --
ENV PHP_UPLOAD_MAX_FILESIZE 10M
ENV PHP_POST_MAX_SIZE 10M

# -- Add volumes for MySQL --
##VOLUME  ["/etc/mysql", "/var/lib/mysql" ]

# -- Set up SSH server --
RUN mkdir /var/run/sshd
RUN echo 'root:root' |chpasswd
RUN sed -ri 's/^PermitRootLogin\s+.*/PermitRootLogin yes/'
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config
RUN sed -ri 's/UsePAM yes/#UsePAM yes/g' /etc/ssh/sshd_config
ADD ./lamp/supervisord-openssh-server.conf
    /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord-openssh-server.conf

# -- Install Python & pip --
RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get upgrade -y && \
    apt-get install -y python python-pip python-dev && \
    pip install --upgrade pip
# -- Install xvfb --
RUN apt-get install -y xvfb   

EXPOSE 80 3306 22

CMD /run.sh

and the run.sh :

#!/bin/bash

VOLUME_HOME="/var/lib/mysql"

sed -ri -e "s/^upload_max_filesize.*/upload_max_filesize = ${PHP_UPLOAD_MAX_FILESIZE}/" \
    -e "s/^post_max_size.*/post_max_size = ${PHP_POST_MAX_SIZE}/" /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
if [[ ! -d $VOLUME_HOME/mysql ]]; then
    echo "=> An empty or uninitialized MySQL volume is detected in $VOLUME_HOME"
    echo "=> Installing MySQL ..."
    mysql_install_db > /dev/null 2>&1
    echo "=> Done!"  
    /setup_MySQL.sh
else
    echo "=> Using an existing volume of MySQL"
fi

exec supervisord -n

and the docker-compose.yml :

lamp: # apache + mysql/php
  build: .
  dockerfile: DockerfileLamp
  ports:
    - "8181:80"   # open apache to public
    - "3333:3306" # open mysql to public 
    - "2222:22"   # open SSH to public
3 Answers
Related