Meaning of "False Positives Per Window"

Viewed 1562

In the paper Histograms of Oriented Gradients for Human Detection (Navneet Dalal and Bill Triggs) (see link below), to visualize their results, they use a ROC curve, on which the Y axis is TP and the X axis is FPPW (False Positives Per Window).

What is the meaning of this phrase FFPW?

I thought about 3 possible options... I don't know - maybe all of them are wrong. Your help will be appreciated:

  1. Maybe it is the rate of incorrectly classified negative samples, which is: (NUMBER_OF_FALSE_POSITIVES / NUMBER_OF_NEGATIVE_SAMPLES)

  2. Or maybe it is the rate of false alarms per true alarms, which is: (NUMBER_OF_FALSE_POSITIVES / NUMBER_OF_TRUE_POSITIVES)

  3. Or maybe it is the rate of false alarms per true windows in the whle image, which is: (NUMBER_OF_FALSE_POSITIVES / NUMBER_OF_TRUE_SAMPLES)

I'll be glad to know whether one of them is the correct one, or if you know any other correct definition.

Link to the paper: (https://lear.inrialpes.fr/people/triggs/pubs/Dalal-cvpr05.pdf)

3 Answers
Related