XCode not stopping on breakpoint in method called from LLDB

Viewed 1099
  • XCode 7.2.1
  • iPad Retina iOS 9.2 Simulator

I have several breakpoints set in a particular class in an XCode project. Everything I discuss below takes place in this one class file.

I set the breakpoints on -(int16_t)areaNbr by clicking in the gutter, and set no conditions or anything on them. I confirmed they existed as far as LLDB is concerned by running breakpoint list from the LLDB prompt.

The project scheme is set to build for debugging, not release.

I run the project in the simulator, and stop at a breakpoint in a different method than the one in question, at which time I want to go to the LLDB prompt and call po [self areaNbr] and step through areaNbr.

Please note, as this may be quite relevant, I have NO code in the project itself that calls
-(int16_t)areaNbr

Now, I CAN get this to stop at my breakpoints on -(int16_t)areaNbr if I add some code to the project that calls the method.
For example, if I add something like NSLog(@"... %d", [self areaNbr])

I know the issue has nothing to do with compiling away the method simply because nothing calls it, because if that were true, then my call to po [self areaNbr] wouldn't be spitting out the result to the debugger window as pictured below. So the method is being compiled, and certainly recognized as existing by the debugger for execution purposes... just not for stepping purposes.

FYI, [self area] is returning "Area01"

enter image description here

Calling breakpoint list in LLDB returns the following

enter image description here

1 Answers
Related