Glassfish 4 certificate based client authentication

Viewed 3399

For couple of days I'm trying to set up my development environment for certificate-based client authentication and it just don't want to work. I'm using the Glassfish 4 documentation (security guide) and creating according to it self signed client certificate for test purposes but I'm not sure what I'm missing, since there is not complete description of the whole process. When I enable Client Authentication for my Http-Listener and don't get any error message in the server log, but when I try to connect from a browser I just cannot establish a connection with the server. Without this option my web application is working just fine. In chrome I see the following message:

This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

And in firefox:

The connection to 192.168.1.9:8181 was interrupted while the page was loading.

So for me it seems that something (unfortunately I cannot understand what exactly) is happening, but a connection cannot be established.

Since the setup is pretty complex I'm looking for a tutorial or how-to page which has step by step instruction, but any help and advise will be higly appreciated.

1 Answers
Related