Cordova - menubutton-event doesn't fire

Viewed 818

I am developing an Android-Application with cordova. The android 4.4 device is connected with a bluetooth remote control.

With the help of the documentation, I am able to catch some buttons, e.g. the "volume-up"-key:

document.addEventListener("volumeupbutton", onVolumeUpKeyDown, false);

function onVolumeUpKeyDown() {
    console.log("Volume up pressed");
}

According to the cordova-documentation, there are some other Eventlisteners for keys available:

  • backbutton
  • menubutton
  • searchbutton
  • startcallbutton
  • endcallbutton
  • volumedownbutton
  • volumeupbutton

I want that the user gets to the settings-page of my application, when he presses the remotes menu-button, but Unfortunately this button doesn't work for me. Here is the description on the cordova site and the sample code:

document.addEventListener("menubutton", onMenuKeyDown, false);

function onMenuKeyDown() {
  console.log("Menu pressed");
}

I have found an APK named "keytest", which shows the pressed keys. This app recognizes:

keyCode=KEYCODE_MENU

still, cordova doesn't fire the event... Why?

Screenshot Keytest

1 Answers
Related