BlueZ - accepted connection from 00:00:00:00:00:00

Viewed 1127

My c-program should listen for incoming Bluetooth connections. I read the example at http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x502.html, so I have the following code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <bluetooth.h>
#include <rfcomm.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    struct sockaddr_rc loc_addr = { 0 }, rem_addr = { 0 };
    char buf[1024] = { 0 };
    int s, client, bytes_read;
    socklen_t opt = sizeof(rem_addr);

    // allocate socket
    s = socket(AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM);
    printf("socket: %d \n", s);

    // bind socket to port 1 of the first available
    // local bluetooth adapter
    loc_addr.rc_family = AF_BLUETOOTH;
    loc_addr.rc_bdaddr = *BDADDR_ANY;
    loc_addr.rc_channel = (uint8_t) 1;
    bind(s, (struct sockaddr *)&loc_addr, sizeof(loc_addr));

    // put socket into listening mode
    printf("put socket into listening mode \n");
    listen(s, 1);

    // accept one connection
    printf("accept one connection \n");
    client = accept(s, (struct sockaddr *)&rem_addr, &opt);

    ba2str( &rem_addr.rc_bdaddr, buf );
    fprintf(stderr, "accepted connection from %s\n", buf);
    memset(buf, 0, sizeof(buf));

    // read data from the client
    bytes_read = read(client, buf, sizeof(buf));
    if( bytes_read > 0 ) {
        printf("received [%s]\n", buf);
    }

    printf("close connection");
    // close connection
    close(client);
    close(s);
    return 0;
}

But instead of waiting for incoming connection requests, it´s connecting to the address 00:00:00:00:00:00 immediately (see Linux terminal output here). So my program starts, setting the socket in listening mode, accepting connection from 00:00... and closing the connection again. I don´t know what the 00:00... adress is standing for but its definitely not the address of the computer I want to connect to.

Btw, the Bluetooth adapter is working fine, scanning for devices works and it´s also possible to connect to other computers with default Bluetooth commands in the Terminal. But I need to do this in a c-program to analyze the incoming messages.

Thanks for your help

0 Answers
Related