What is a Memory-Efficient Doubly Linked List in C?

Viewed 6236

I had come across the term "Memory-Efficient Doubly Linked List" while reading a book on C Data structures. It just had one line saying that a memory-efficient doubly linked list uses less memory than a normal doubly linked list, but does the same job. Nothing more was explained, and no example was given. Just it was given that this has been taken from a journal, and "Sinha" in Brackets.

After searching on Google, the closest I came to was this. But, I couldn't understand anything.

Can someone explain me what is a Memory-Efficient Doubly Linked List in C? How is it different from a normal Doubly Linked List?

EDIT: Okay, I made a serious mistake. See the link I had posted above, was the second page of the article. I didn't see that there was a first page, and thought the link given was the first page. The first page of the article actually gives an explanation, but I don't think it is perfect. It only talks of the basics concepts of Memory-Efficient Linked List or XOR Linked List.

5 Answers
Related