Embedding SSRS 2016 reports into another webpage without iFrame?

Viewed 5519

Reporting-services 2016 (currently only available as a technical preview) comes with big-upgrades including HTML5 rendering and compliance. See: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms170438.aspx

My desire is to embed SSRS 2016 reports into another webpage using native mode (no Sharepoint or aspx, just pure HTML5). The traditional fashion to do this is to use an iFrame. This is an half-way okay method as it's possible to remove the toolbar, hide parameters etc but still you end up losing a lot of control over the document. This is a cross-site implementation from a different domain so I can't manipulate the contained iFrame document as I please.

Does there exist an official way to embed the report element 'natively'? I could envision a URL parameter option like rs:Format=REPORTDIV which serves me a html element.

I also tried fetching the report as an image (rs:Format=IMAGE&rc:OutputFormat=PNG) but the resulting PNG has a huge white frame (even when setting background to transparent in Report Builder) around the report element which is a no-go.

1 Answers
Related