Issues using Spyder python to connect to remote machine

Viewed 1694

So I have a RedHat System in AWS running Spark on top of HDFS. Now I want to access PySpark from my local machine i.e. Interactive Python.

So, I installed Spyder-Py2 to connect to the remote AWS machine so I can access Spyder Python.

Route:

  • Using Cookbook: Connecting to a remote kernel via ssh, I started Kernel on AWS machine i.e. Server and copied the json file over to local machine.
  • Changed the ip in kernel1234.json to point to the public ip.
  • Went to Consoles in Spyder-Py2 and select "Connect to existing kernel".
  • Passed the kernel1234.json file, added username and host in the hostname section.
  • Passed my AWS pem key in SSH Key section and entered the password

But it fails with the below error:

Unable to connect to IPython kernel-1234.json   

Can anybody please tell me what am I missing here ?

Note: The server on the AWS VM is still running.

0 Answers
Related