How to plot multiple dependent variables with seaborn?

Viewed 3336

I want to consider time-series data, the three axes of an accelerometer to be exact. I'm digging through the docs but am not immediately seeing how provide more than one signal and trying to figure out how to organize my data for pandas and seaborn in general. After plotting a single run of the three signals, I hope to overlay multiple runs of those same signals to get a plot like this but for three signals:

enter image description here

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import pandas as pd
import seaborn as sns

data = [['t', 'x', 'y', 'z'],
        ['0', '1.024', '0.9980', '1.001'],
        ['1', '1.0-4', '0.9080', '1.021'],
        ...]
sns.set(color_codes=True)
df = pd.DataFrame(data, columns=['t', 'x', 'y', 'z'])
sns.tsplot(time='t', y=['x', 'y', 'z'], data=df).savefig("testing.png")


ValueError: setting an array element with a sequence.

pandas DataFrame docs tsplot docs

Is there no way to combine these separate plots?

Plot multiple DataFrame columns in Seaborn FacetGrid

1 Answers
Related